BLM is a leading insurance risk and commercial law firm, with both domestic and international focus. We work with an increasing number of customers, across more lines of business, in more locations throughout the UK and Ireland as well as internationally, than ever before.
BLM’s Commercial Advisory team offers a full legal service to businesses; ranging from the negotiation of a lease, advising on IPR exploitation and protection, day to day employee related issues and commercial disputes.
The dedicated team has a vast range of experience, and works alongside newly emerging franchisors or franchisees looking to develop a business opportunity, to established franchisors looking to build and maintain a network. BLM is passionate in assisting franchisors to build and protect their network and brand, helping guide newly emerging franchisees in their journey. Our breadth of practical and legal experience enables us to provide legal advice quickly, with an understanding of wider commercial issues when operating a franchise.
Services for franchisors
- Advising on the franchise model
- Drafting/updating a franchise agreement and associated documents
- Advising on protecting your brand, and appropriate IPR exploitation
- Advising on/training in appropriate social media policies
- Advising on disputes, including urgent injunctive relief where conduct is threatening the wider network
Services for franchisees
- Advising on corporate structure
- Advising on a franchise agreement and associated documents
Services common to franchisors and franchisees
- Advising and negotiating on leases/licences
- Advising on the sale or purchase of a franchise/network
- Advising on disputes, and where litigation is unavoidable funding options to de-risk litigation
- Advising on employee issues including contracts or employment tribunal claims
Contact at BLM:
DD: 0161 602 1168