Love your job? Hate your job? It’s just a job? Create the perfect role for who you want to be this time next year! Pay attention, ladies – 2018 could well be your year!
Ahhh… a New Year. The crisp freshness of a new page, waiting for you to discover and write your story. You remember last year so well. So much hope. So much anticipation. So many great ideas. Come on… Own up! How long before you caved into cynicism?
One of the key areas of consideration is how to spend the majority of your daylight hours. Especially in the winter: You leave for work, it’s dark; you head back home, it’s dark!
What happens in between is worth taking some time to think about:
- Am I actually enjoying what I do?
- If I think about being here this time next year, does it fill me with joy, or heaviness?
- Could I imagine myself doing something else?
There’s ye olde proverb, isn’t there, “Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life.” So, are you spending the best part of your life, actually doing what you love? Or is it time for a change?
In November, there was a lot of media attention around the unequal gender pay gap. For some women, this is OK. But someone reading this is already agitated, and ready to challenge the status quo! Excellent! Step out from under the corporate cloud and claim back your day – those hours when daylight is actually visible!
Be your own boss!!
You don’t have to work for someone else. There’s no law which says, as a woman you can’t own it like a boss! We know you can, because we have seen many women LIKE YOU stepping away from employment, and taking control of their lives.
Make it easier for yourself!
Being your own boss doesn’t mean you have to come up with your own unique business plan, find its unique selling point, and then start making an income for your unique life. There are brands ready to welcome you into their network, and provide you with everything you need to run your own business. Everything. From the business plan, to the marketing. From the training, to the ongoing support. From the branding, to the steps for success.
OK – it might not look like the sexiest of words for an empowered woman like you. We did try! But franchising is definitely worth some serious consideration. There are franchises in almost every industry imaginable. You like tools? There’s a franchise for you. Good with numbers? There’s a franchise for you. Passionate about offering customers the best you have? There’s a franchise for you. Desperate to be in the heart of your community? There’s a franchise for you. Great with kids? Or pets? There are franchises for you. Ready to go straight to the top? There are so many options to suit you.
Your passion. Your experience. Their brand.
Franchising is as unique as the women involved. What matters most is identifying what inspires you to get out of bed, and how you can do it every day! Your skills, your training, your experiences, this is what you offer the franchise – not just to the brand itself, but to the whole franchise family.
The brand is there to offer you a business model which has been proven to work. By them, and by others in the network. Speak to others who are already running their own business based on the franchise you are interested in – how did they start? What did they find challenging? What made them take the leap?
Could you see yourself in their role?
So, what’s stopping you?
There’s a tingle of excitement. You could really do it. The only limitation is how you think. Everything else is an elaborate excuse:
- I don’t have time to look in to it properly. Instead of binge-watching Netflix, give yourself an hour to just start looking. Dream about where you could be in a year.
- I’m not confident enough. Confidence can be developed through the training and support of the franchise. Many franchisors offer a mentoring scheme for new business owners. Don’t sell yourself short.
- I’m too young/too old. Age is just a number! There are franchises suitable for all ages. And if you have just graduated from college – there are even franchises with packages aimed at you!
- I don’t have the money. Franchises come in all shapes and sizes, including the investment level. You can make savings, and build your investment amount. Sell things you don’t need/use anymore. Pitch your goal to people who could invest in you. Don’t be afraid to approach the bank – because franchising is a more secure business start-up, banks are more likely to believe in your business plan… chances are, they may have seen it before.
- What if I fail? Let’s flip that, shall we. What if you succeed? There’s a 50% chance of success IF you take that first step. Franchising is a more secure way to build your own business – with higher success rates than start-up businesses. Remember, the franchisor has done the hard work, checking what works, what doesn’t, market research, and how to target your customers. If you don’t try you’ll never know.
Take back control of your life, and see where your dream business could be hiding. Have a look at the range of franchises available through EWIF’s member page, and see if there is one which might just be what you’re looking for.