2019 is a year of great change for EWIF, and one of these changes sees the introduction of our new Managing Director, Helen Mansfield. Helen is a young female with a passion for franchising and women in business. Helen’s dedication to the cause and understanding of the industry is the perfect combination to lead EWIF into the future and allow the organisation to become even more progressive and inspiring.
So, this month we thought we would give you a sneak peek into behind the organisation, as I ask Helen to tell us 10 things that aren’t in the business bio. Here we go…
- Okay, so firstly you might be surprised to know that my degree is not in Marketing, it’s actually in Psychology!
- I like to read, a lot! Often I read up to 5 books at any given time, keeps things interesting! One book I’m currently reading is War and Peace – it has 361 chapters (!) so my 2019 annual challenge is to read one chapter a day so I will have completed it by the end of the year.
- In the past few years I’ve become a bit of a gym fanatic and now follow a plant-based/vegan diet.
- I’m a morning person, my alarm goes off at 4:45am everyday (although I usually wake up before the alarm!) I’m a big believer in having a productive morning routine to set you up for the day – I typically follow The Miracle Morning routine by Hal Elrod. The book changed my life 🙌
- I’m an avid podcast listener! This ranges from True Crime (my favourite is the Truth and Justice Podcast) to personal development (including The Miracle Morning podcast!) and business (mainly the Masters of Scale back catalogue).
- I’m a metal chick at heart: rock, metal, nu metal, thrash metal, black metal, the list goes on! I’ve been to Bloodstock metal music festival every year for the past 12 years. If I had to choose, I’d probably say that Pantera is my favourite band 🤘
- Although I’m definitely a city person, I love being outdoors and spending time in the country. I’m blessed to have the Yorkshire landscape on my doorstep. My personal BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) for the next 5 years is to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Favourite food would be either Mexican or Thai, spicy and full of flavour! Guacamole is my favourite all time dish, if you count that as a dish. And now I am hungry…
- I have 9 tattoos… (so far)
- … and over 50 pairs of shoes.
Anything else you would like to know?
Wow, now those are some impressive facts! The future of EWIF is looking bright and our new MD, Helen, is ready to take EWIF forward, giving women in franchising the chance to inspire, educate and empower and we’re all right behind her!