JMW is a full-service law firm providing legal services and advice to both businesses and individuals. We build close working relationships with our clients, and pride ourselves that in your time of need we are the legal experts to have in your corner.
JMW has a dedicated franchising team that is well placed to assist you in considering the suitability of the franchise model and protecting your investment.
Our team has considerable experience acting for franchisors and franchisees, and in the re-sale of franchises. Our franchising team works closely with clients to understand their business needs and objectives. Our understanding and knowledge of the franchising model enables us to work with you to provide advice on the legal options available, and wider commercial concerns.
Dependent on where you might be in your franchising journey, our franchising team can advise you on:
- establishing your franchise, including the incorporation of companies, protection of intellectual property rights, and legal documentation you will need to regulate your relationship with franchisees.
- policies and processes that you will need to ensure your network operates to your desired model, and to monitor compliance.
- reviewing a franchise agreement, if you are about to acquire a franchise.
- advising you on your options if a dispute arises between a franchisor and franchisee, or a third party.
- the re-sale of your network, if you may be looking to exit, or renewal of franchise agreements within your network at the end of the relevant term
Our Rebecca Young also holds the North West Chair for EWiF , and please get in contact if you would like to attend a North West regional meeting.