As women continue to break through the glass ceiling of what franchising stereotypically looks like, EWIF has had an excellent year in 2017. So, as we gear ourselves up to our 10th anniversary next year, here is a quick look back, but be warned – we’re not done yet!!
In 2017 we:
- Signed up our 100th member…and more! Have you joined the EWIF membership yet? If you are as passionate about seeing women engaging in the world of franchising as we are, then don’t wait – jump onboard!
- Introduced an entirely new EWIF region!! EWIF North East started in the Spring of this year, under the leadership of our new regional chair Angela Sterling of Lingotot.
- Welcomed James Kind from NatWest, as EWIF North West’s new regional chair.
- Extended the EWIF vision into Wales! EWIF South West region is now the EWIF South West and Wales region!
- This also means we have welcomed new Regional Chair for this new region, Stephen Thompson from Darwin Gray Solicitors in Cardiff.
- Had a record number of entries to the EWIF 2017 Awards, and can’t wait to exceed this again in 2018 – especially for our 10th anniversary!
At this year’s awards ceremony, and pre-awards black-tie event, we had a brilliant time celebrating some of the successes of women in the franchise industry! We were also excited to have welcomed guest speaker, Melody Hossaini, who has a plethora of accolades to her name! These include:
- New Europe’s Most Influential Woman, 2015 – awarded to her by the European Parliament. Being the multi-award-winning founder and CEO of InspirEngage International, one of the world’s leading organisations in skills training and people development.
- Having a portfolio spanning 100+ countries and reaching 1 million people over a 4 year period.
- Co-founding the U.K Youth Parliament at the age of 13.
- A government advisor on enterprise and skills.
- Appearing on the BBC’s The Apprentice
Our conference was also another record-breaking event, as we had more EWIF members than ever before converge in Northampton for our annual event. We had inspirational talks from TONI&GUY’s Regional Education Manager, Adie Luff who was joined by National Franchise Manager, Gaynor Hodge; as well as Tanya Robinson, Senior Contract Manager for HMPPS who founded a charity to support and rescue sex workers in East London.
But we are not done!! Have we already said that??
As well as our regular regional events, and the national annual events, EWIF will be making a BIG deal out of the fact we celebrate our 10th anniversary next year! There will be events and focus points throughout the year, on both a national level, and locally! We are ready to make an even louder noise on behalf of women in the franchising world! How about you?
Don’t miss the EWIF boat!
If you want to see more women breaking into franchising, either as franchise owners, or adding to the thousands of franchisees who impact our industry daily, and you are not yet a member, what are you waiting for?
As changes advance forward across all aspects of business, no one wants to be the one who “forgot” to sign up, or who “didn’t think it was relevant”! The face of franchising is changing – and you and your franchise could be right in the centre. Register for EWIF membership today! Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ewif.org